Final non-conference test this week in DFA
How to follow
The tournament will be open to the public and tickets are available here. Information on ventilator safety protocol is here. All Arizona State games will be broadcast live on ASU and there will be live scores for the entire tournament. Follow us on social media, @SunDevilVB on Twitter and @sundevilvolleyball on Instagram, for more updates.
Thursday’s game against Pacific is the Hispanic Heritage Game, and Saturday’s game against UNLV is our Green Game.
Sun Devil Perspectives
Arizona State (6-3, 0-0 Pac-12)
- The Sun Devils have won three games in a row and four of the last five. The team won first place at the Lumberjack Classic. They are 6-0 this season winning the first set.
- Central blocker in second year Claire Jeter had a big weekend for ASU. She was named the Lumberjack Classic MVP for her efforts. She posted a career-high 15 kills against Utah Valley, the highest by a center-blocker at ASU since 2014. She also recorded a career-high seven blocks in the win over Northern Arizona. His 0.391 hitting percentage is good for fourth place in the conference.
- Junior Iman Isanovic not only leads the team in kills (138), but also the Pac-12. In total points, she also leads the conference with 157.5. She is ranked No. 25 nationally for total wins and No. 28 for total points. The outside batter has hit double the kills in every game so far this season and has done so in the last 10 games, dating back to last season. She also managed two double doubles over the weekend.
- Another Sun Devil to reach triple the total number of kills is in second year Marta Levinska with 100 wins. She was named to the Lumberjack Classic tournament’s all-round squad after winning two doubles doubles in three games.
- Libero junior Annika larson was also named to the tournament’s all-star team over the weekend. She is first on the team and second in the Pac-12 overall with 131.
- The tuning tasks were split over the weekend with the ASU moving to a 6-2 rotation with Ella Snyder and Shannon Shields sharing time. Snyder is the team’s first in assists with 264 while Shields increased their season tally to 71.
Pacific (3-6, 0-0 CMC)
- The Tigers are coming off a weekend they went 1-2, taking a win over CSUN. They return second-year forward Alexa Edwards, who leads the team in kills with 142. Another return is senior libero Jadyn Tubbs who has a record 167 digs. Rookie Jenna Heller leads the assists with 224 in her debut season.
- The last time ASU and the Pacific met was in 2018 in the Sun Devil Classic. The Devils won in four after losing the first set. Arizona State is 3-7 against the Pacific.
UNLV (7-2, 0-0 CMM)
- The Rebels are off to a good start to the season, currently receiving votes in the AVCA Coaches poll. This fall, UNLV has a win over So-No. 25 Washington State.
- At the Cornell Invitational last weekend, UNLV swept away all three teams. The big weekend earned center blocker Chloe Thomas her second first-year title of the week at Mountain West.
- Last season, the Rebels went 12-0 in conference to take the top spot and secure the automatic offer for the NCAA tournament. They advanced to the second round after beating Illinois State in four sets.
- The last time ASU played UNLV was in 2019 at the Rebel Challenge in Las Vegas. The Sun Devils emerged victorious by winning in five sets. ASU leads the all-time series 6-4 against UNLV.