Lions lose another intense game against Cal Poly
SAN LUIS OBISPO — The Lions suffered a tough loss Friday against Cal Poly, 5-2.
LMU were unable to gain ground in the doubles as they took an early deficit, 0-1.
Singles weren’t easy either. Dane Esses was able to pick up another singles victory on Court 3, while Jose Dominguez Alonso was able to return to Court 5 for a victory to help the Lions earn their two match points.
LMU vs. Cal Poly
1 John Bryan Otic/Charles-Robert (LMU) losses to Hendrik Inno/Joe Leather (Cal Poly) 6-3
2. Daniel Moreno/Manoel De Alencar (LMU) vs. Colter Smith/Bastiaan Weststrate (Cal Poly) 3-5, UF
3. Rana-Roop Bhullar/Jose Dominguez Alonso (LMU) loses to Noah Berry/Fernando Fonseca (Cal Poly) 6-4
1. Manoel De Alencar (LMU) loses to Noah Berry (Cal Poly) 7-5, 6-7,4-6
2. John Bryan Otic (LMU) losses to Joe Leather (Cal Poly) 5-7, 6-2, 2-6
3. Dane Esses (LMU) def. Fernando Fonseca (Cal Poly) 6-4, 5-7, 6-4
4. Rana-Roop Bhullar (LMU) losses to Colter Smith (Cal Poly) 2-6, 6-4, 2-6
5. Jose Dominguez Alonso (LMU) def. Hendrick Inno (Cal Poly) 6-0, 7-6
6. Austin Di Giulio (LMU) losses to Gary Vardanyan (Cal Poly) 6-4, 4-6, 6-7
Finishing order: Doubles: (1,3) Singles: (2,4,3,5,1,6)
Following: The Lions are looking for revenge in San Luis Obispo, Calif., when they take on San Diego State on Saturday, Feb. 12 at 10 a.m.