Macomb Co. man tried to meet teenage boy for sex, feds say; he was an officer

An undercover operation this month led to federal charges against a Macomb County man accused of seeking a sex date with someone he believed to be a 15-year-old boy, records show. .

Jigger Garcia, 50, a nurse practitioner from Chesterfield Township, was arrested last week after arriving in the parking lot of a Detroit church to meet the person he had been texting since August 4, a complaint alleges criminal case filed in the US District Court.

That day, a Michigan State Police trooper and an FBI task force officer noticed Garcia’s ad on the Doublelist.com dating site searching for “straight, married, young, and men in uniform” for sexual activity, according to the filing.

The post “was not age-specific in the body of the ad and the ad observed was one of many posted by the user; all stating that the creator was looking for different types of men, including ‘young’ men,” the task force officer said.

The officer responded via messaging app Kik, claiming to be a teenager who could only communicate by cellphone when his mother was not around, according to the complaint.

Between Aug. 4 and Aug. 10, about 1,108 text messages were exchanged, the officer wrote.

“Garcia told me in text messages that he was okay with my age … and that he has a sexual interest in pubescent children,” according to the complaint. “On several occasions, Garcia made the conversation very sexual. and lewd and demanded to meet me in person to have sex, even after repeating that I was 15.”

The officer asked Garcia if he had ever been involved with another youth; the man replied that he did, but the sexual encounter ended when the boy walked away, according to the court filing.

Garcia agreed to bring condoms and two McDonald’s McChicken sandwiches with cheese and ketchup to meet in Detroit on the night of Aug. 11, according to the document.

Southeast Michigan Trafficking and Exploitation Crimes Task Force Authorities

found these items in a Louis Vuitton bag in Garcia’s vehicle when they pulled him over.

Garcia was charged with coercion and incitement of a minor. He first appeared in federal court in Detroit on Friday and returned Monday for a detention hearing, records show.

Magistrate Judge Kimberly G. Altman ordered him to remain behind bars. A preliminary review is scheduled for 1 p.m. on August 26.

“The nature of the offence, in particular the relentless pursuit of the accused … demonstrates that the accused poses a real danger to minors in the community,” his order said.

An attorney listed as representing Garcia did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the case on Monday.

We offer a great rate on digital subscriptions. Click here.

Comments are closed.