Women’s volleyball No. 11 at Northwestern on Wednesday, hosts Purdue on Friday
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pennsylvania — Penn State’s No. 11 women’s volleyball closes out the regular season with two games this week, starting with a road contest at Northwestern on Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET. The Lions then host No. 19 Purdue for the team’s regular season finale Friday at 7 p.m. ET. Both matches will be broadcast on B1G+.
Friday’s game at Rec Hall is senior day for Penn State. Katie Clark, Seleisa Elisaia, Anastasiya Kudryashovaand Kashauna Williams will be honored following the competition with Purdue.
PENN STATE TIMETABLE
Wednesday, November 23
8 p.m. | #11 Penn State (22-7, 11-7 B1G) at Northwestern (17-13, 6-12 B1G) | Watch | Live statistics
Friday November 24
7 p.m. | #19 Purdue (19-9, 10-8 B1G) at #11 Penn State (22-7, 11-7 B1G) | Watch | Live statistics
SERIES HISTORY – NORTH WEST
• Penn State is 55-9 in the all-time series with Northwestern. The teams first played in 1981.
• The Lions have won eight consecutive games against the Wildcats, the last defeat dating back to 2015.
• Penn State is 26-5 in road games against Northwestern.
SERIES HISTORY – PURDUE
• Penn State is 59-9 in the all-time series with Purdue. The teams first played in 1981.
• The Lions are 16-3 against the Boilermakers since 2010, including a 3-1 win at West Lafayette two weeks ago.
• Penn State is 29-4 against Purdue in games played at Rec Hall.
BIG TEN RANKING
• Penn State currently sits fifth in the Big Ten standings, two games behind Minnesota for fourth place.
• Wisconsin leads the conference at 17-1, just one game ahead of second-placed Nebraska.
PENN STATE VS. BIG TEN
• Penn State is 622-134-1 all-time against the current members of the Big 10.
• The Lions have winning records against 12 of the 13 teams in the conference. They have a winning percentage above .730 against all 12 of those teams.
NATIONAL RANKINGS SERIES
• Penn State was ranked No. 11 in the most recent AVCA Coaches Poll.
• The Lions have now been ranked for 517 consecutive weeks since the end of the 1988 season.
• Penn State will participate in the NCAA Tournament for the 42nd consecutive season. The Lions find out their opponent/location during the selection show on ESPNU Sunday at 7:30 p.m.