WooDate survey reveals effects of Covid on dating
SAN FRANCISCO, January 5, 2022 / PRNewswire / – WooDate, a company committed to helping people find, customize and book dates more easily, surveyed 1,000 people in ten US cities to determine the pandemic’s effect on dating. The survey included all relationships: single (46%), living with a partner (17%), married (34%) and unspecified (3%). The results suggest that Covid negatively affected people’s love lives, contributed to fewer dates, made it harder to schedule dates, and changed the overall dating experience.
The main findings of the survey include:
- 55% of all respondents said their love life was worse than before the pandemic. Over time with the presence of Covid, 55% of this group believe their love life has not improved, 12% believe it has not changed, and 33% believe it has improved.
- People have 29% fewer appointments per month. The average number of dates per month and per individual fell from 4.26 dates before Covid to 3.02 last month.
- 64% find it more difficult to plan dates
- 34% check in advance if events or locations have specific Covid rules and 23% check reviews to see how well the location handles Covid security
- 32% spend more time researching hours and whether the place is still operational
- 25% spend more time planning what to do for dates
- 24% found Google and Yelp times less reliable and 21% showed up at a location that is closed
- Asked about current feelings about dating and thinking about recent dating experiences
- 32% are more willing to try new experiences and eat new foods
- 28% feel less motivated to go out
- 24% want to go out as much as possible to make up for lost time
- 23% feel uncomfortable having a date with the idea of ââcatching Covid
- 23% are willing to spend more on dates because they have had to stay indoors for so long
- 24% of single people surveyed take more time to get to know the person before going on a date
- 19% of single respondents take the extra step to ask if their date is vaccinated
âThe results confirm common beliefs that Covid negatively impacted people’s love lives and made it harder to schedule dates, but also highlighted people’s desire to go out and try new experiences. “, said Daniel Ferras, CEO of WooDate. âFor those who feel comfortable dating, WooDate is dedicated to making the planning process easier for them. And for those who aren’t quite there yet, WooDate will continue to provide creative dating ideas. home.”
The survey was conducted online using the Pollfish platform of December 14-21, 2021 among 1,000 U.S. adults aged 18 and over Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, San jose, and Seattle. All respondents were selected as having planned at least one date in the past month. For more information on the survey results, please contact [emailÂ protected].